We humans think of future & evolve to take care of physical, emotional, financial & social needs.
However, without clear, fulfilling & holistic purpose; we, as individuals, groups & organizations:
I) Remain stuck with random incidents, current conditions & role driven perspectives.
II) Get daunted by scarcity, dependencies, uncertainties & complex linkages.
III) Become reactive & stressed when unforeseen (like recent pandemic) happens.
IV) Experience monotony, complacence, distraction, dilemma or depression.
V) Feel vulnerable if we are not prepared for disruptive change (like in technology).
I found an evolving solution when I attended a 12-week mentoring program by Purpose Alliance with a Massive Transformative Purpose (MTP) of ‘Empowering extraordinary people to create future’.
Francisco Palao; the founder of Purpose Alliance & Purpose Launchpad Mentor Master inspired us to.
1) Define Massive Transformative Purpose which
a) Develops clarity, strong intent & mind maps.
b) Encourages consistent actions in the direction.
c) Co-creates impact.
d) Shapes future.
2) Leverage inner strengths by
a) Values of co-operation, democratization, innovation & commitment
b) Discovering lifetime passion by connecting to a) childhood dream; b) story of life changing experiences & c) emotions linked thereto (like ‘what we enjoyed to learn & why’; ‘what we loved to do & why’ & ‘what others loved about us & why’).
c) Discovering superpower (which people in Japan call as Ikigai) to a) push limits; b) tap potential; c) be open to leverage feedback; d) evolve mindset; e) channel attention, time, energy, learning, skills & resources & f) find a way around when we face wall.
3) Find purpose-solution fit by
a) Empathy with what people think, feel, say, do & need.
c) Exploring for solutions; d) experimenting & then e) co-creating impact.
4) Discover early adopters who will benefit from solutions, interact with them to get their feedback & pivot to find all potential beneficiaries.
5) Develop solution- market fit by building, testing, learning & iterating the offer.
6) Develop Sustainable Business Model which taps abundance through
a) Exponential technologies.
b) Collective strength of communities (with shared values & diverse perspectives).
c) Talent (with shared passion & complementary strengths).
d) Underused resources available on demand.
7) Define innovation metrics which consider promotion by satisfied & loyal beneficiaries.